Heart Songs

A collection of poems written by Cassandra Espinoza.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Stalker.

You captivate me to tears as you hold me in your iron vice.

I don't know how in all of these years we have never touched,

Until this pocket of a moment extended into an eternity.

Maybe you have always shown it, but I never realized you were there.

When you touch me, I can see you smiling, teeth dazzling in plain view.

I watch your hands encroach the limits of time to embrace the escapers.

And even in unconsciousness, when I am fast asleep in bed,

You linger in, listless, to the dreams that hover in sporadic waves -

There you are, you found me, like a lover that won't let me be.

You whisper of eternity and tuck around me my sheets of black.

Beneath the glow of the moon, a short finger caresses down my cheek.

"You won't know it, now or soon," and you dissipate to visit the next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home