Heart Songs

A collection of poems written by Cassandra Espinoza.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Immunization.

For the moment I am ill
From how the world makes me feel
Can't you see how green my skin has turned?

And I'd love to say a kiss
Is the antidote for this
But my heart is greatly bruised and burned.

I am waiting for the day
When the hurt will fly away
I will bury it far from my resting place.

My heart will be at peace
My lips give their release
The sin will no longer be inscribed on my face.

But when will that day come,
The hour, long from done
The hurt of my heart on-beating everday.

I wish that I could end it
My insides safe, defended
But this motion has me thrown in every way.

My Shangrila's penetrated
By the void that I've most hated
And the voices will not seem to dissipate.

Supple glitters glisten
Open mouths silent, listen
To the fireworks blowing steam while they congregate.

All the plane's a playground
Spinning your mind around
But I'm too sick inside to participate.

In this cage I'll stay in
Locked inside and wishing
For the day I'm healed - won't that be great?

Then I won't be a stranger
Immune to all of the danger
Immune to all the hurt the fun kicks in.

Dance in time and watching
Like everyone else is stalking
Immune and relieved that I'm, too, dead within.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home