Heart Songs

A collection of poems written by Cassandra Espinoza.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

The alien.

I don't think I will ever fit into this skin
I can't promise I will always let you in
I don't have the guts to tear down this wall
I don't really feel I have to at all

I guess I'll always be the outsider
The one trapped between him and her
The one caught between lust and prudence
The one known as intelligence and dunce

These humans are all the same
Despite each playing a different game
I don't think I will ever fit in
I'm too lost and confused in this skin

Evermore do the questions keep churning
All alone in the answers I'm burning
Caught inside of a downward spiral
The world in hopes that it goes viral

Nothing I hold is sacred anymore
I am scared, running bare, nothing more
While my insides label me a whore
The other half contesting, "this's what life's for"

My heart's bruised and always in pain
From a time I've lived over again
Can't you see that you're not the remedy
In the end it's not you, it's just me

And we bicker and bark to be right
Won't stand down until one wins the fight
Here we are in the wake of romance
Together on separate hills, battle-stance

God, I love you but I'm so far gone
Nothing's left but the part that is wrong
All I am is an uncomfortable soul
Crying out for an ounce of control

Who am I and which way is okay?
Why the fuck am I lost everyday?
Why can I not sit comfortably,
In a world thrashing 'round like an angry sea?

Little spaceship come take me away
On a zephyr to another day
Where the sun makes some sense as it sets
Where my mind can for once take a breath

Where I step and I totally feel
Like I'm fine and I am actually real
Where I can stand in a skin and feel free
In a life where I'm finally me.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home